Monday, December 27, 2010

Shine like the stars...

I saw this quote and decided to write about someone who inspires me....on the daily. Going to college guarantees new relationships....and there's always  going to be one person who stands out to you. You can't seem to figure out why, but they just have this air about them, like there's something different, comfortable....yet edgy and intriguing. I came across one of these people on my floor. Her name, is Mary Fairchild.

I didn't actually talk to Mary, until  probably a month or two after I first came across her. Truth be told, I was afraid. This girl is the kind of person that can throw on some sweats and still be the prettiest. She's intimidating....if you don't know her. Through one of my most divine friends, Rachel Walker, I got to hang a little with Mary. Now...she's like a sister to me. This is why;

I learned to trust, by trusting her with my true self, raw and despicable. She encouraged me to live life in confidence, not fear. Trust was a really big lesson/stepping stone for me. She helped me to learn to trust myself, which, by the way, is a constant process. She also is a really huge example to me of how to be myself. Being transparent is important. Being real, and genuine, is required.

See, for me to be accepted by Mary, I had to not fit in. I had to be myself, and learn to trust, and fall, and accept, and learn.  My flaws are me. They build me up while tearing me down.

So....inspirations from unlikely places and people. Be yourself. Lesson learned. Compliments of Mary Fairchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment