Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Numb

Three years ago I sat on a bench, a marker on the grave of a great man. I sat on a bench...next to another bench, also a marker on the grave of another great man. I sat, and I cried, and I stared into space...thinking about how not to feel. I don't understand death. And this is a funny thing for a person like me to say. Death knows me, like its lifelong neighbor.

I sat on that bench and a friend of mine took a seat beside me. He said death isn't meant to be understood. And it makes us angry when we loose the people whom we love, who mean the most to us. And we miss them. But all the more reason to look forward to death, when we get to meet them again in heaven.

Rest in peace Gib Strong. Thanks for the talk....although it doesn't seem like much help right now.  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment