Sunday, January 30, 2011

When a she becomes a that...

  'I was nothing but an object in his eyes. An object of pleasure. Not a real person, who lived and breathed, and bled. Just a tool, a thing....a this used for that. He wouldn't look me in the eyes. He wouldn't kiss my lips. It was all for him.I abandoned my heart , and left my body. I watched my ship go down in flames. And there he was, strong and demanding. Persuasive and convincing. Heaven forbid that I would do what I did. Heaven forbid I stop him. No. It's against the rules to stop him before he's finished. Heaven forbid I come to my senses, out of my self-induced coma.

 Stripped of my dignity I awaken. His words cut deep into my soul, leaving scars that will forever be engraved in my heart. "You're not ready. Just don't call me upset later. Let me show you the door." There goes my worth....given to an ungrateful man.'

   "The problem is that "that" is actually a "she". A person. A  woman. With a name, a history, with feelings. It seems harmless until you're that girl- and then it hurts. It's degrading. It's violating. it does something to a person's soul."~Rob Bell

A woman....is a divine image no matter how used, beaten, or broken she may be. A divine image loved and cherished by God Himself. Dignity is restored. You are priceless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment