Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mahalo

A great mentor of mine always told me it was good to recognize the things we are grateful for, that it puts our lives in perspective and helps us stay sane. I always thought that was silly. Gratitude just seemed so elementary to me, so Sunday school-esk. The fact is, sometimes, is order to realize where we stand we have to realize how we got there. Expressing gratitude is simply something we do everyday subconsciously. However, when we start to take note of the things happening in our day to day lives....the way we think, the way we act, the things we do....who we are becomes very obvious based on how grateful we are, what we take pride in, what we allow ourselves to put time and effort into, and what or who we respect and take interest in. Mahalo means; thanks, gratitude, admiration, praise, esteem, regards, and respects. This blog is going to be my mahalo, my regards and recognition of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment